General rule: We have no influence on how well your website ranks in search engines.
To ensure that your website is easy to find in search engines, you should consider the following best practices:
- A good search engine position requires a bit of patience (time), a bit of working on the website (creating new content), and continuity (relevance of content).
- Update your website regularly and publish interesting content (well-written texts, information, nice photos).
- Choose reasonable keywords (search terms by which you want to be found) that do not have high competition. For example: Do not try to rank highly with your website for the keyword "restaurant", instead choose more specific keywords like "Italian Restaurant Munich".
- In the menu, click on "Settings" => "Website" => "Header area" and enter the meta tags into the right fields. The keywords and description there are important. Make sure that the description includes matched keywords under which you want to be found. For best results, the website title should also contain your main keywords (can also be set on "Header area").
- Set links directing to your website with the right keywords in other sites. You can link your website in online directories, forums, blogs, etc.
Example: Add the URL of your website to your signature if you are active in online communities or if you use social bookmark services.
- Put up interesting content on your website where people can share the content. Make your website known in social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest; create your own page for your website on Facebook, Google+ and so on.
Tip: If you use a paid package, you have the possibility to assign custom meta tags for each page of your website.
In the menu, click on "Pages" => "Manage pages" and then on the settings icon on the right-hand side of the page.