General rule: We want to point out that we have no influence on how well your website ranks in search engines.
To ensure that your website is easy to find in search engines, you should consider the following basic things.
Here we give you a brief overview:
- A good search engine position requires a bit of patience (time), a bit of working on the website and also continuity (regular new content).
- Update your website regularly and publish interesting content (well-written texts, information, nice photos).
- Choose reasonable keywords (search terms by which you want to be found) that do not have extremly high competition. For example: Do not try to rank highly with your website for the keyword "restaurant", instead choose more specific keywords like "Italian restaurant Munich".
- In the menu, click on "Settings" => "Website" => "Header area" and enter the meta tags into the right fields. The keywords and description there are of special importance. Make sure that the description includes matched keywords under which you want to be found. Optimally, the website title should also contain your main keywords (can also be set on this page).
- Set links to your website with the right keywords from other sites.
E. g. add the URL of your website to your signature, if you are active in communities or if you use social bookmark services.
- Try that everyone is talking about your website and try that interesting content should be shared and passed on. Make your website known in social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest; create your own page for your website on Facebook, Google+ and so on.
Tip: If you use a paid account, you have the possibility to assign custom meta tags for each page of your website.
In the menu, click on "Pages" => "Manage pages" and then on the settings icon on the right of this page.